Bridge Fibre Limited (“we“, “our” and “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
1. Who we are and how to contact us
We are Bridge Fibre Limited (a company registered in England and Wales, company number 04250873). You can contact us in writing at 168 Cowley Road, Cambridge, England, CB4 0DL or by email at email@example.com. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office, with registration number: Z8346543
Any changes you make to your communication preferences will be processed by us within three working days of our receipt of your instruction; however, you may still receive non-essential communications in the intervening time between the submission of your change and when we process that change.
- “you” refers to an individual who visits our website and/or a customer (either an individual or corporate entity, as applicable) who purchases any products and/or services from us (“the Services”);
- “Contract” refers (as applicable) to our contract with you pursuant to which you agree to purchase and we agree to supply the Services, which shall incorporate our terms and conditions at https://www.bridgefibre.co.uk/terms-of-use/;
- “your representees” means (where you are purchasing the Services) any persons that you represent including, without limitation, your employees, officers, advisors, contractors, customers and/or clients; and
- “personal data” or “personal information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
3. What we will do with information
Privacy is very important to us. We only use personal information in a way that is fair to the person whose personal information it is. We only collect information where it is necessary for us to do so and if it is relevant to our dealings with you.
4. Lawfulness of our Processing
It’s lawful for us to process personal information about you:
- Where we have a Contract with you, we process personal information about you and your representees in order to make the Services available to you.
We cannot provide the Services without access to this personal information. It is your duty to ensure that you only share your representees’ personal data with us where you have an appropriate legal basis for sharing such personal data and that you make your representees aware that their personal data may be shared with us and provide them with appropriate information about how their personal data may be processed by us.
- We may also use some personal information about you to contact you from time to time about our other services or the services offered by our group companies. We ask for your consent to this at the time that you enter into the Contract. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
5. Personal Information that we collect
Who do we collect it about? We may collect and use various personal information about:
- you; and
- (where you enter into a Contract) your representatives, which we call “Customer Information”.
What do we collect? We may collect and use some or all of the following types of personal information: names, email addresses, addresses, allocated passwords, telephone numbers, information relating to your preferences and usage of the Services (including when used, who used by and how used).
Where do we collect it from? We may collect the personal information from:
- Information you give us. This is information about you and/or your representees that you give us by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our website, subscribe to our Services, respond to a survey, upload and/or store data via our Services and when you report a problem with our website and/or Services. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, company information, job title, financial and credit card information, details of orders, information relating to your Contract (such as router configuration, telephones, contracts, quotes), information relating to your representees.
- Information we collect about you from your use of our website and/or the Services. With regard to each of your visits to our website and/or your use of the Services, we may collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit to the website, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on this website or in respect of the Services. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, group companies and business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Why do we collect it?
ESSENTIAL USES: We need the personal information we collect to send you essential information about the Services and to help us with the operation of the Services. We could give lots of examples; here are some typical examples:
- in case we have any queries concerning any aspect of your use of the Services or the website;
- to respond to any queries you raise with us or to communicate with you about any problems with the Services;
- to provide customer support;
- to prevent or investigate prohibited activity;
- to enforce the terms and conditions relating to the Services; and
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
We process all this personal information pursuant to our Contract to provide you with the Services. If we cannot process it, we cannot provide you with the Services.
NON-ESSENTIAL USES: We may also use personal information about you for non-essential parts of the Services. For example, we may use it to send you promotional or marketing information about us, promotions, events, anything relating to our group companies and business partners, or anything in which you show an interest. Or we may send you email feedback forms or surveys to complete about us or any aspect of the Service.
6. Information we collect that is not personal information
Information that is not personal information is not protected by data protection law. But we would like to be open and clear with you about what we do with this information anyway.
We may anonymise data about users of our website generally and use it for various purposes, including ascertaining the general location of our users and usage of data on the Services. Anonymised data is incapable of being used to identify anyone personally.
We may aggregate customer information so that it is impossible from the aggregated set of data to identify anyone personally. This sort of aggregated data is valuable to us for the purposes of analysing and understanding market trends in relation to the recommendation and purchasing of the Services. You confirm that you consent to us viewing, monitoring, collecting and recording such information input by you into or arising within the Service and to our dealing with it on an aggregated basis in a manner that does not identify you or those that you represent or attribute any particular information to you or those that you represent and to us collating, compiling, reformatting, reproducing, adapting, translating, arranging, publishing, selling, distributing, dealing with or otherwise commercially exploiting any part of such information or otherwise making it available to any third party on such terms as we deem appropriate. We do stress that it is not, of course, personal data.
7. Who do we share information with?
We share personal information with our group company Bridge Partners Limited, who require such personal information in order to provide administration services and other support service to us. Bridge Partners Limited may also use your personal information for direct marketing purposes where you gave your opt-in consent at the time that we collected your personal information.
We may also pass personal information to various third parties who provide goods and/services to us or on our behalf, which we require in order to provide you with the Services.. We have contracts with such third parties and we vet them to ensure they are contractually bound to safeguard your personal data. Some of our third party data processors may store and/or otherwise process personal information outside the EEA, but in those cases we take steps to adequately safeguard your personal data.
Please contact us for a list of third party data processors that we currently share personal data with.
In addition to the above, we may exchange information with third parties for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction. We may also transfer our databases containing your personal information if we sell our business or part of it.
Non-personal information: We may commercially exploit any such information on the basis that no individuals are identified or identifiable. For example we may supply anonymised data to third parties such as marketing companies.
8. Where we store your personal data
We have in place appropriate technical and security measures to prevent unauthorised or unlawful access to or accidental loss of or destruction or damage to your information. We store your personal details on a secure server. We use firewalls on our servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access
Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you. You are responsible for protecting against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
9. Your rights
You have the following rights in respect of your personal information:
- A right to request from us access to your personal data;
- A right to request rectification of your personal data;
- A right to request erasure of your personal data;
- A right to ask us to restrict processing of your personal data and a right to object to our processing of your personal data (but if you do either of these, we may not be able to provide you with the Services);
- A right to ask us for a copy of any personal data that we hold in respect of you; and
- A right to lodge a complaint about how we treat your personal data with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Note that, if we are prevented from providing the Services following a request from you to restrict or stop processing your personal data, you shall not be relieved of any of your obligations under the Contract for the remainder of the agreed minimum term (as set out in the Contract), unless the Contract is otherwise terminated in accordance with its terms.
10. How long we keep personal information
We will only keep personal information for as long as we are either required to by law or as is relevant for the purposes for which it was collected. If you enter into a Contact, we will keep personal information about you and any Customer Information for the duration of the Contract and for up to twelve months (12) following termination or expiry of the Contract, except to the extent that we need to retain some information for legal, regulatory or operational reasons. We will also keep a record of your name and email address on our suppression list if you request that we do not send you direct marketing.
- External Links
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that we participate on are subject to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. We will never ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact us by telephone or email.
Our website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
- Shortened Links in Social Media
Through our social media platform accounts we may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls [web addresses] (this is an example: http://bit.ly/zyVUBo). Users are advised to take caution and good judgment before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by us. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore we cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
Where you have given us consent to use your personal information in any way, you have a right to withdraw that consent at any time.