Announcing the UKSPA /S-Lab Pre-Conference Day @ MIRAApril 1st, 2019 | 10:30am | CV10 0TU
The UKSPA/S-Lab pre-conference event at MIRA Technology Park will allow delegates to experience cutting edge motor engineering and find out more about the MIRA Technology Institute (MTI) – the new training facility at the park.
When & Where
Monday 1st April, 2019
10:30 AM – 6:30 PM*
MIRA Technology Park, Watling Street, Nuneaton, Warwickshire, CV10 0TU
Agenda for the day
The event will be hosted in the MIRA Technology Institute which is on the right as you come on site, and is a new building housing a £9.5M training institute providing skills training from NVQ level 1 to PhD’s in emerging automotive technologies.
Arrive, registration and security clearance/networking.
Short presentations and event briefing.
Buffet lunch in MTI.
You will be allocated to one of four teams (colour coded), each team hosted by a MIRA and Bridge Fibre representative.
You will be rotated through each of the 4 activities of approximatley 1 hour duration with 15 minute change over time between activities with transfers by minibus. Please make sure you get to the bus in time!
Tour of some of Horiba-MIRAs latest technical facilities:
- Advanced battery development suite (ABDS)
- Vehicle Resilience centre (VRES) – cyber security
- Engine Laboratory
- Advanced Emissions Technical Centre (AETC)
- One of our world leading automotive cyber security experts will be demonstrating a ‘car hack’
- ADAS – Advanced Driving Assist Systems – demonstration of the latest technologies in CAV (connected and autonomous vehicles)
- Autonomous robots – a demonstration of how autonomous vehicles interact with each other using robots
- Display of some high-tech facilities coming to support Autonomous vehicle testing at high speed and autonomous parking
An experience being driven on MTP high speed and WET handling circuits:
- This will be in a number of performance vehicles and possibly a high speed military response vehicle (weather permitting – open vehicle)
An opportunity for delegates to get behind the wheel in some 4x4 vehicles and experience the MTP off road circuit:
- Drivers will be assessed on their overall skill (not just speed!) and there will be prizes for the top 2/3 drivers
Prizes for the driving element and a mystery prize.
*Departure time will depend on how well we work though the agenda!
- Registration will be limited to two delegates per member organisation
- This will be an informal activity-based event so dress code is relaxed
- We will be limiting the presentations so we can get to the action!